Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A New Way to Enjoy Scotch

This sounds like it should be illegal or something:

"Sometime after that I made a batch of Tollhouse Chocolate Chip cookies and had it with a shot of Glenfiddich. I was all ready sipping iced 7up alongside (never mixed). Then a wonderful thing happened. While savouring some Scotch, the fumes got up into my sinuses. I usually tried to avoid this. But this time, it carried the chocolate flavour from the cookies with it. My whole face experienced chocolate.

I don't do it very often, maybe once a month or less. One needs a shot of good Scotch, a glass of iced 7up, and a fresh batch of Tollhouse Chocolate Chip cookies, right out of the oven. Eat a cookie, sip the Scotch, savour, letting the fumes carry the chocolate flavour into your sinuses. Wait a moment, wash it down with the 7up. Pause and recover for a minute or two before doing it again."

From the website, Scotch Conoisseur, http://www.charm.net/~kmarsh/scotch.html

Hunter

1 comment:

Brian T. Hege said...
This comment has been removed by the author.